lingWAVES SLT/SLP Suite
- lingWAVES SLT/SLP Suite with Voice Recorder, Client Database and Voice Disorder Index
- Voice Recorder: SLP/SLT/Voice Clinic service relies on documenting information on therapy progress. An excellent way of documenting and archiving patient data is to record part or all of the examination/ therapy session. The main advantage of recording is that it affords the opportunity to diagnose the voice trouble more precisely, to compare the voice quality of the patient at the beginning, during and at the end of the therapy session and to review the evaluation later. lingWAVES Voice Recorder deals with this task in a modern and simple way.
- The voice recorder also includes cut, copy, paste and delete functions for recordings.
- Client/Patient Manager: lingWAVES offers two modes of operation for carrying out lingWAVES sessions. You can either work file oriented which would mean that you open analysis files on the menu and save them under an appropriate name of your choice, or you can work client oriented out of the client manager. The difference is that you have to create a client/patient in the client manager before you can carry out test activities connected to this patient. The files will be automatically saved. You do not have to take care of data management. The program will do it for you.
- Standard Voice Analysis: This set includes standard acoustical voice analysis like spectrogram, energy and pitch (fundamental frequency). It is easy manageable to add voice analysis to each recorded voice signal. The whole analysis will automatically be saved in a project file. This means that you can reopen the voice record with the same analysis you have done before. Print out the whole analysis and/or save the analysis as bitmap for further documentation (e.g. in word processing programs).
- Voice Disorder Index (VDI): The Voice Disorder Index (VDI) or Stimmstörungsindex (SSI) has been established as a reliable tool for describing voice-dependent quality of life. The sole purpose of the VDI is to provide some preliminary information regarding the severity of voice problem as it relates to the most common activities in daily life. The VDI/SSI- based „VHI-korr” provides good international comparability of voice disorders with VHI and allows to maintain the common use of SSI in daily clinical routine. Voice Disorder Index/Voice Handicap Index correlation r=0.98.
- lingWAVES Vospector: Instantaneous and Reliable Voice Analysis. lingWAVES Vospector provides a set of clinically useable quantitative acoustic analyses that reflect important aspects of voice. lingWAVES Vospector calculates additional parameters of vocal fold behavior. lingWAVES Vospector standard measurements made on sustained vowels include minimum, maximum, average and standard deviation for fundamental frequency, jitter (period to period variation in the fundamental frequency), shimmer (period to period variation in the amplitude) and GNE (glottal to noise excitation ratio).
- Acoustic Correlates of Perceptual Attributes of Voice according to the RBH/ORB Rating System
- Separate measurements add up to yield further voice parameters like irregularity, noise and overall severity of dysphonia that can be regarded as objective counterparts to R (roughness), B (breathiness) and H (hoarseness) components of the RBH/ORB (Cape-V) rating system for the perceptual evaluation of dysphonia.
- Biofeedback: TheraVox is a wonderful computer speech therapy tool made with affection and care. It is a product consisting of a series of exercises for logopedic/speech therapy in which voice and speech elements like voicing/voice onset, loudness, articulation/coarticulation and prosody are transformed into real time graphics. The patient gets a visual feedback for qualitative and quantitative attributes of his voice, which is of crucial importance for enhancing self-monitoring skills within the context of speech therapy.
- Real Time Spectrogram: The Real Time Spectrogram provides a dual-screen with time signal display and spectrogram analysis during signal recording. Spectrogram parameters such as wide to narrow-band, color, frequency range and display parameters such as dual or one-screen may be adjusted. In the one-screen mode you can show a full size spectrogram with a time axis adjustable from 5 to x hundred seconds. The recording can partly or full saved as sound file for further analysis. The Real Time Spectrogram session can be saved as project file, showing the same display after reloading.
- This real time display is ideal for therapy and clinical biofeedback showing all kinds of sounds and other acoustical parameters of voice and speech. Spectral analysis is especially recommended for use improving accuracy of voice and speech elements in clients with hearing impairments and is ideal for ambitious therapists.
- This version is packaged with a USB-microphone and is fully functional for an unlimited period of time.